Intermittently, I read books on relationships and marriage. I’d like to share with you some lessons I picked from Gary Chapman’s book “Things I wish I knew before I got married.”
- Toilets are not self cleaning
- I’m not just marrying only my spouse but i’m marrying into a family
- There’s a need to plan for our money
- The love experience is not an adequate foundation for marriage
- Apologizing is a sign of strength
- Mutual sexual satisfaction doesn’t just happen.
- Spirituality is not about going to church
- Personality profoundly influences behavior
- The saying “Like mother like daughter and like father like son” are not myths
- It’s possible to solve disagreements without arguing
- Romantic love has two stages; Tingly feeling and Intentional Feeling. Couples must be willing to build the intentional feeling stage if they want a lasting relationship.